Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Final Reflection

Wow! I can’t believe I’m actually typing my final reflection. This was definitely a course that helped me gain a great amount of knowledge that will certainly be implemented in my classroom and in my future library. I clearly remember reading the syllabus and getting extremely nervous about the course. But after long afternoons of working and stressing on assignments, I feel extremely comfortable using all the web applications presented.

Blog Feed Readers
I was not much of a blog person before starting my masters, but now, I can honestly say I really enjoy reading them. Blog readers definitely make it easier to view all the blogs you like in simply one place.

Social Media
I have always used social media but exploring different platforms made me realize that I really didn’t know it all. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are great ways to learn, communicate, and promote events.

Infographics
Creating an infographic was not the easiest thing, but I did learn a lot. It was so hard to pick and choose only certain information from the article. Piktochart was certainly the application I liked the most.

Screencasts
I really enjoyed creating screencasts. I was a bit nervous at first, but after my first attempt, I felt very comfortable. They are a great tool to use with both students and teachers.

YouTube, Animoto, & QR Codes
Creating a book trailer was very exciting. Animoto is a great and user-friendly application that I will use very often. QR codes can definitely be used to create fun activities such as scavenger hunts and links to ebooks.

Cartoons and Comics
This is a topic that I really enjoyed especially because I have a lot of reluctant readers that I know will benefit from this. I’m sure they will also have a lot of fun creating them.

Podcasts
It was not the first time I used Podbean to create a podcast, but this time, I did include an image and music. My partner and I were very satisfied with the results.

Digital Storytelling
Book creator is the best! I had so much fun creating my digital book. This is definitely a tool I plan to use at the beginning of the year. Students will create an “About Me” book to share with the class.

 You can find the digital book I created titled Final Reflection by clicking below.

No comments:

Post a Comment