Friday, June 8, 2018

Genres and Formats


Genres and Formats

Summary:
The word genre is used around easily. Essentially, there are two types of genres, fiction and nonfiction. Those genres have subgenres. Fiction has realism and fantasy. Realism includes realistic modern contemporary and historical. Fantasy includes modern and traditional. Modern is the hard science fiction, soft science fiction, high fantasy, and low fantasy. Traditional is folktales, ballads, fables, legends, myths, and fairy tales. Nonfiction has the subgenre informational, which includes biographies, autobiographies, memoirs, narrative nonfiction, and expository nonfiction. Formats are short stories, picture books, graphic novels, poetry, drama, novels, and chapter books.
Reflection:
Many people confuse and think there are many genres, nevertheless, today I learned that there are only two main genres and the others fall underneath them. I will definitely share everything I learned with my students this upcoming year and my fourth grade team. Even them as professionals tend to get this topic confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment